Magnolia Market Cotton

Magnolia Market Cotton

I was so excited to open up a big box from Magnolia Market on Christmas morning! I have been a Fixer Upper fan for years and this was just as good as finding my Rainbow Care Bear under the Christmas tree when I was a little girl. The great big box was filled these beautiful cotton stems, a subscription to their new magazine The Magnolia Journal, and few other surprises I'll be creating with too! 


As any Midwestern knows winter light is quite sparing and quite blue. Hmm... I wonder if that's why is called "The Winter Blues"? Anyhow, I loved these cotton stems in my cream and white ceramic pitchers, so I simply had to save these still life shots. Check out my Before and After below to see what a difference a light texture on a brightening blending mode can do! Then share your texture natural or enhanced in this week's Texture Twist.






Before and After Photoshop Tutorial

Dust Cloud Texture / Soft Light Blending Mode / 35% Opacity

Add a Layer Mask and brush texture away from subject with a soft brush at 70% opacity



Magnolia Market Cotton

16 comments :

  1. I will be exploring the Magnolia Market link--thank you! Your photo editing is wonderful. I'm afraid I'm pretty pedestrian in that area and have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat and you will likely be smitten as I with Magnolia Market!

      Delete
  2. They look like little snow caps. They are lovely to look at, and love the contrast with your white pitcher.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am smitten by cotton, it does look a little like snow caps. Thanks Patricia

      Delete
  3. magnificent photography ~ very creative ~

    Wishing you a Happy Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice idea for a picture and good work with editing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your edit is beautiful! The white pitcher is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon you are too sweet

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos! Well done! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! This composition is so charming in its simplicity. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how much of a change there is from the original. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:34 AM CST

    That's a fun gift. I love Fixer Upper too.

    Lisa @ LTTL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!