Before and After Thursday

Before

Cooling and Brightening

Final Touches

My Specs:
F-stop: f/11
Exposure: 1/500 sec
ISO Speed: ISO 320
Focal Length: 7mm
No Flash

I really played with the adjustment levels here.   I used variations in CS3 to brighten and cool the image.  I added a texture on a multiply blending mode.  This added depth to the sky. Then I added an adjustment fill layer in a muddy brown shade on a overlay blending mode.  This brought the reds back into the windmill.  I really like the way this turned out.  I'll be adding it to my Etsy shop soon! 

giveaways

17 comments :

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM CDT

    Oooh I really like edit #2!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one. the texture the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness so pretty! I love the feel you give to your photos! I feel like they should be put on canvases and hung in beautiful homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last edit is very beautiful. What a lovely photo now. Jhen.Stark is right, that would look beautiful on canvas hung up.

    ~Blondie's Abode~
    http://blondiesabode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The finished product is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your final edit. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its the final edit that does it for me - love that texture in the background and just the perfect adjustment fill.

    Rosie
    from leavesnbloom photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Looks like it should be hanging on a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous editing instructions! fabulous blog and now I will rush to follow you!Your work is fantastic!
    will be back for more!!!'hugs
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I really, really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a really nice job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT job! It's like a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are all so sweet!
    What a perfecting ending to a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photos!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking at this photo brings back so many memories of my childhood! Would you consider linking this up to my Sunday Art Therapy link party and flikr group at Seeds on a Breeze? Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!