Surely, the Holidays are one of any photographer's favorite time to share their captures and show off their skills! Yes, you can pat yourself on the back now for all the gorgeous moments you have captured this year. And if your like me, a plain jane holiday card just won't do. This I year I was lucky enough to work with Minted to create my personalized holiday stationery. It was so much fun and the stationery arrived in perfect condition. They even sent me an adorable fabric bag to keep them until they are sent! Check out my tips below for creating your own holiday stationery. (This post includes affiliate links. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers. All opinions are my own.)
5 Simple Steps to Create Personalized Holiday Cards:
1. Pull together your mailing list. Check out Minted’s FREE Address Assistant to making addressing your holiday cards so easy!
2. Prepare several photos to give you multiple options in case you choose to use a holiday photo card with more than one photo or you may want to do a year in review. Use the Find It Fast Tool, see the button in the top left of the screenshot above. I have truly never seen this tool before in all the years I have ordered holiday cards online. This made the process of choosing a card go much faster!
3. Choose a design and make it your own! Pick your favorite design from Minted’s community of independent artists to complement your photo. I selected The Most Elegant Wreath design. Seriously, that is the name of the design and it ever so elegant, even on the envelopes! When searching for a holiday card scroll over the design a select the heart to add it your favorites. You can review your favorites when you are ready and look at each design in more detail.
4. Find the perfect match for your photos with countless options:
- Select colors from the options in your favorite designs
- Choose your card shape
- Personalize your holiday greeting
- Select a background for the back of your cards
- Select a layout for the back of your cards with options to add more photos, a baby announcement, a photo story, and more
5. Get beautiful, matching envelopes too:
- Select your envelope color
- Choose a print design - yes please, see more details here. I had to keep our recipient's addresses hidden
- Add an optional slip in liner - I had to have these, aren't they gorgeous
- Add an optional return address
Top 3 reasons to order your holiday cards with Minted
- Choose a unique holiday design - there are 1000s to choose from
- Customize and make the design your own with color options, foil, or letterpress
- Support an independent artist - a percentage of every Minted purchase goes directly to the designer
So, when should you send your holiday cards? Aim for early to mid-December at the latest. The earlier you order them, the more time you have to sit back and enjoy your hot cocoa, and the longer the recipients have to display them. I recommend ordering your cards 2-3 weeks before you’d like them to reach their recipients. Allow an extra week if you’re shipping internationally.
Save 15% Off All Minted Holiday Cards this week with coupon code: EARLYBIRD16
Share your projects too: Create Link Inspire / Made by You Mon / Project Inspired / Creative Gallery / Wow Me Wed/ Homesteader / Inspirational Gallery / I'm Lovin' It / Party Palooza