The Artists Edge

Do you have a studio, a craft closet, or containers stuffed under a bed full of art and craft supplies?  I will admit, I have all three! I am generally a tidy, organized person but my craft closet is full!  I only have a narrow path to walk in there.  I still have art supplies from when I was a teenager.  You just never know when you might use them again!  Do you have a similar problem? How do you manage all your creative tools?

Titled: The Artist's Edge

    Give your images an Edge!                                                
  1. Add a splash of light- create a new layer, swipe the linear gradient tool, blend on overlay, and keep the opacity between 90-100%
  2. Dull the color - blend the Whisper texture on hue at full opacity
  3. Tack on the Bubble Gum Grunge texture, blend on linear burn,  and slide down the opacity to 75% 
Take a Challenge:
Pixel Perfect: Before and After
Click It Up a Notch: I learned
Angel Perry: Beauty 
Ramblings and Photos: Photo Thursday 
Louis' Life: Thankful Thursdays

33 comments :

  1. Great before/after! I use small clear totes that stack for all of my crafty stuff. Works pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like the sepia processing on this one! Good composition, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I have my own study, just for me and my stuff, don't you:)
    I have many boxes around the apartment and when I start to do something I use our dining table...sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful. you really warmed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up.
    Louis

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your edit! It would be a perfect print for a craft room or art class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:17 AM CST

    Love the warmth in the edit! Beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it looks so good! You seem like a natural pro at this editing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty...thanks for your steps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice composition :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is awesome! I love the edit that you did, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT edit! Love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:45 PM CST

    beautiful, love the tone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great edit - you've made it very vintage looking.

    http://leavesnbloomphotography.blogspot.com/2011/01/shoot-and-edit-week-1-editing.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely loving the 'aged' vintagey edit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great edit thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool. I need to try the vintage look. I enjoy your photos, but need to find something besides pics of my son to use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. neat edit!

    again thanks for joining us!
    blessings,
    jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this vintage take. mine is the second post come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning...love the vintage feel, and love the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are beautiful. I love the vintage look of your photos and blog. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a clever idea to display your art supplies like this :O) I love the edit! It add so much to the photo to give it an antique like feel!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the edit! Your SOOC was great, but the sepia processing gave it such a warm, vintage look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful edit - looks very cool !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous9:37 AM CST

    Beautiful edit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. very cool, I love your edit.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm amazed by your talent with textures.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is gorgeous - wonderful what you do with a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9:21 AM CST

    Beautiful Kristy!!!
    Kiss.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!