Before and After Thursday

I visited a local barn over the holiday weekend to take family photos.  It was just the perfect setting for a Country Christmas!


LNR Raw: BEFORE
AFTER: Titled Country Christmas
I cropped the photo to remove the tree branch.  Then I added a soft blush to brighten it up and the barn siding texture for an extra rustic look in Photoshop.  Check out more at Pixel's Before and After Blog Hop and see better SOOC than mine at Murrieta 365 SOOC!

As an early gift to all my readers - I'm opening up the LNR Laboratory! 
We'll be creating monthly calendars in our first class.  To get a free Calendar kit - simply follow Life-n-Reflection Blog and sign up as a Texture VIP! I will email you a code to download your kit for free and an invitation to the Lab!!!

20 comments :

  1. Kristy, it looks perfect. I just signed up for the LNR LAb. very excited :)

    Have a lovely Day, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great rustic edit. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, I love the crop and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 PM CST

    great edit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the texture in your edit-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great setting! and I love the texture in your edit. I'm a huge texture junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:55 PM CST

    These are simply fantastic! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that you tried to make it look countrified and vintage, but the white door in the after shot looks really blown out and it looks like you lost a lot of detail. Maybe instead of applying the soft blush to the whole thing- select only the door on the left. That way you could save some of the detail on the right door.

    Also, have you tried using the unsharp mask tool(or whatever it is called in photoshop)? I use The Gimp usually and photoshop when it is called for :) That usually adds good texture as well to inanimate objects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A. Rogers thanks for the tips! I do use layer mask to remove texture on particular areas. But, not often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an amazing edit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed by this edit! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're really a pro at this. Way too many "befores" look better than the "afters" to me. Fine job here!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!