Touch Up Tuesday

I got the chance to photograph a one room school house.  I loved all the details, like the antique bell on the teacher's desk.

I heart the hand written song and spelling words.



I heart the worn wood floors and the elegant iron legs of the school desks.  And how odd the algebra book is upside down!  Mischief in the Classroom I'm sure.


I touched up all the photos by layering the Bath Tiles Texture on Color Burn and Overlay.  If you're on the Texture VIP List watch your inbox for a behind the scenes Photoshop screenshot and special coupon for the Bath Tiles Texture.

For more photography inspiration check out Touch Up Tues, Sweet Shot Tues, the Happiness Project, Perceptive Perspective and Tutorial Tues!

19 comments :

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM CST

    Great edits! Love those old school houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love one room school houses. I will put mine of a re-made school room next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These edits are beautiful. I'm your newest subscriber :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the touch of nostalgia today. Great photos!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to take photos! I really love the shot of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are really amazing! I love the textures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your application of texture - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:40 PM CST

    I love how the old school house captures the nostalgia so beautifully. I love the chalk handwriting on the dusty old blackboard! Your photos are stunning.
    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Love this series! There's a little restored one room school house not too far from here - I may need to check it out - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:36 PM CST

    Great photos, I love the look of the room

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great setting to shoot! Great use of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful...love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots and I love your textures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inspiring location.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really cool - I think I like the photo of the set of books best. I used to work at a school that used to be a one-room school house. They turned that building into an auditorium and built the current school around it. Pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Kristy! Thanks for your sweet comment. Love your photos and the edits! Just starting to practice with textures! I'll be back!
    Hugs!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really neat! So quaint and vintage...I can not even imagine what it was like to actually go to school in a place like that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!