I spent most of last Saturday in my studio as if it was an art class! I wanted to make a traditional butterfly exhibit with a twist. I'm sharing my six paper butterfly tricks below. Here's a quick list of the supplies you'll need to to create one too! You can easily substitute items for ones that you already have.
- Butterfly Punch - Butterfly Stamps - Patterned Paper
- White Card Stock - Watercolor Paper - Pool Party Ink Pad
- Blender Pen - Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad - Versa Mark Ink Pad
- Calypso Coral Ink Pad - Vellum - Purple Chalk - Push Pins
Follow along with the numbers on the canvas to make each butterfly:
- Punch out one butterfly with your butterfly punch from the wisteria wonder pattern paper. Stamp a butterfly with wisteria wonder ink onto white card stock and punch out. Layer butterflies together.
- Punch a butterfly from calypso coral pattern paper and vellum. Stack butterflies together.
- Repeat steps from #1 by using pool party paper and ink.
- Punch one butterfly from pool party pattern paper. Stamp a butterfly onto water color paper. Using a blender pen, dip the tip into pool party ink and blend to create a watercolor effect. Stack butterflies together.
- Punch a butterfly from wisteria wonder pattern paper. Stamp a butterfly with versa mark ink onto white card stock. Brush on purple chalk. Stack butterflies together.
- Repeat steps from #1 by using calypso coral paper and ink.
Whew, that should keep you busy in your craft space this week!
Find more daily inspiration:
Feathered Nest Fri / Show and Tell Fri / Feature Yourself Fri / I'm Lovin' It / Weekend Wrap Up / Made by You Mon / Motivate Me Mon / Get Your Craft On / Whatever Goes Wed / Wow Me Wed / Create n Share / The 36th Ave / Somewhat Simple /