The Texture Touch

I found the roses blooming on my morning walk. What have you discovered lately on your walks? When I put this texture lesson together I thought of a chalkboard. What do you think? P.S. The edge I used in the lesson is up for grabs here!

Intermediate Lesson:
  1. Layer the 1st texture - Legacy #3 over your image
  2. Select the overlay blending mode and reduce the opacity to 55%
  3. Drop the Fading Script texture on next
  4. Blend this layer on the hardlight blending mode to keep only the script and hue
  5. Last add the Paris Chic edge #3, drag to the edges of your image
  6. Apply the multiply blending mode to the edge for a burned in effect

chalk rose

Share yours in a photo challenge:
Wordless WedWordful WedWith Words / Top Shot / Wild and Wonderful / WWThis or That  / Texture Thurs / Rural Thursday / Shoot.Edit.Submit

15 comments :

  1. Very lovely Kristy. I love the softness...makes for a quiet "lets have tea" moment. =)
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning texture
    i love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty Kristy- I love that dreamy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! The words are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's beautiful, Kristy! I quickly went back to my "Kristy's Life-n-Reflections Textures" to see if I have Fading Script. I do! I need to play around with some of the many "Kristy" textures that I have. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet Evelyn! I can't see what you create!

      Delete
  6. Impressive! Thanks for the how-to! Your work is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely -- my yellow roses are beginning to bloom. I'm anxious to get some photos. :)

    Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursday this week, Kristy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. aoo pretty! Love the words int he texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:43 PM CDT

    That is a beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful job you did with your script and textures. The images are so sweet with their pale coloration. Wonderful work. genie

    ReplyDelete
  11. forever gorgeousness over here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks! But, I'm still jealous of the nest you found in your yard.

      Delete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!