Weekend Texture Twist

Congrats to last week's Texture Twist Winner - Nancy author of A Rural Journal! Nancy also has something beautiful to share. She lives on a farm in Nebraska. I was out on a photography shoot and drove past this withered barn. Of course I had stop and photography it's skeleton roof and winding vines.  I soon discovered it to be a hawk's roost!


To give the sky more depth I added the antique cool texture, blended on darker color at 35% opacity.

 Do you have a Texture Twist to share?
  1. Share a photo with texture
  2. Grab a Texture Twist button or the link and include it in your post
  3. Add your link with the linky below, it's open till Tuesday
  4. Check out the other twists





Find more weekend inspiration at the simple things, Sunday Snapshot, Scenic Sunday, Your Sunday BestHomestead Barn Hop and  Barn Charm

28 comments :

  1. and you caught the hawk! The whole think is beautiful! Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful and the texture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photo is so rustic and nostalgic looking. I love it. Great job with the edits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:52 AM CDT

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is something gostly about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo, Kristy. And thanks so much for the mention! I truly appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature Footstep,
    You're right maybe that's why I described roof as a skeleton

    Nancy,
    You deserve it girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a terrific photo. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:41 PM CDT

    Looks like a painting!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is beautiful! you're very texture talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So spooky but rustic beautiful at same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting old building. You've added a little mystery to it. Beautiful.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing at YSB Kristy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:19 AM CDT

    I love the vine-covered barn and the hawk, processed so beautifully! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite nice :-)
    I can see why you felt you had to stop.
    Those barns are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That barn is amazing! Spooky vines covering that rickety old roof. Wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just the kind of photo I love. I would have taken this beautiful shot. Thank you for sharing. B

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic photo and use of texture! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting old barn. I bet it will look quite different soon when those vines green up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's a sort of a haunted beauty to the shack... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous1:41 PM CDT

    It's beautiful & I love the hawk flying in! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful. This texture is full of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another sad barn, being taken away by nature. Nice shot.

    See my entry for barn charm here...
    NoteworthyMusings

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful Kristy!! :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!