Photo Trends: Lisbon Lavender

Twiggs is a talented photographer and author of A Place for Twiggs.  She is sharing with us her inspiration and how she got started behind the lens!

What inspires your art?
Lisbon… and my everyday life. I have learned that some details that are present on my daily life, if captured in a certain way, make incredible moments in a photo. So, I never leave home without my camera, and on the weekends I take two of them with me. Film is so magical… How can I leave it home? So I try to have my eyes wide open to everything that surrounds me… and capture the magic. I believe this is definitely a way of feeling better about your life, the place in which you live… what surrounds you. It’s a matter of being positive.


How did you get started in Photography?
I started a few years ago, when a very close friend, that I actually consider a second father, gave me a film camera. I took pictures of our vacations as a family, but it was just after years later in 2007, I was spending Christmas with him and his wife (that I also consider a second mom!) in NYC, and their Christmas present was again a camera, a Canon! From then on the passion started… I think I have been improving as time goes by, and have also been dedicating myself to film photography, with my lomo camera and yashica tl electro. 

Find Fine Art Prints from A Place for Twiggs and A Lomo Love Affair!! Stop back in Sat for a special giveaway just for Readers of Life-n-Reflection!!!


Share your photo inspirations at Wordless Wednesday!
P.S. Last Day to enter your Texture Twist

5 comments :

  1. Her work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super beautiful!!! I love the balloons. I like her style!

    ps. I changed my blog...I have a new URL and would love for you to pop over and follow me =)

    xo
    melissa
    http://melissa-champagnewishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right the Balloons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate! Everyday life inspires me too! Actually, now I see inspiration everywhere I go...there's always something waiting to be photographed :) Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your little notes, it makes me smile from ear to ear!